Welcome!
This blog was created as part of a master's level Assistive Technology course offered through Acadia University in Wolfville, Nova Scotia. I hope the information presented on this site can assist you in providing access to information for your students.
Thursday, 19 July 2012
Thursday, July 19th, 2012
This is the end...not by a long shot...it is just the beginning. I am the STIC for my school (School Technology Integration Champion. I have been going for training on specific software and in turn have been training interested staff at our school. The training I have received has sorely neglected the AT available for the schools as well as the use of apple handheld devices. Unfortunately our province and school board continue to go down the netbook road and they have not begun to look at all the advantages of using apps in our classrooms. Now that I am better informed about what is happening on the AT side of things, I will be the agent of change in my school. I will try to open the eyes of other teachers in my school and hopefully the eye opening will trickle up through the HRSB. Barb, you have opened the eyes of 20 teachers, who in turn will go back to their 20 different schools, and begin to share their knew knowledge with 20 more colleagues. That's 400 teachers in one fell swoop. The demand for this technology will start as a whisper and escalate to a roar that will not be able to be ignored!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment