Welcome!

This blog was created as part of a master's level Assistive Technology course offered through Acadia University in Wolfville, Nova Scotia. I hope the information presented on this site can assist you in providing access to information for your students.

Tuesday, 17 July 2012

Tuesday, July 17th, 2012

And I thought the reading task analysis was involved!  The writing task analysis blew the reading task out of the water!  The whole dimension of the graphomotor skills involved makes the writing task that much more complicated.  Up until we looked at the reading and writing task analysis', I had not considered the enormity of the tasks I was asking my students to do.  Now that I have a better understanding of what is involved in these tasks, I certainly have more empathy for those students who struggle with the writing task.  I look forward to approaching writing tasks with an increased use of technology, in my classroom this September.  I have had the opportunity to use both Write Outloud and CoWriter in my classroom.  While I believe that CoWriter is a great piece of assistive technology, my students have not always been eager to use the program.  I will have to wait and see how it is received by the students in my class this coming September.

http://www.dyslexia-parent.com/co-writer.jpg


Barb's Writing Task Analysis








No comments:

Post a Comment