Welcome!

This blog was created as part of a master's level Assistive Technology course offered through Acadia University in Wolfville, Nova Scotia. I hope the information presented on this site can assist you in providing access to information for your students.

Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Wednesday, July 4th, 2012

Today I checked out picCollage and book creator.  Really cool apps that I could so use in my classroom.  I did not realize how many uses an ipad could have.   Now I want an ipad 3.  It's kind of ironic actually.  When my husband wanted to buy an ipad three years ago I thought he was foolish.  I figured it was just another gadget for him to blow money on.  But now that I see the applications for the classroom, my point of view has completely changed, except for one thing...the use of the ipad in the classroom has to be accessible for everyone, not just for those whose parents can afford to buy one for their child.  The schools and school boards need to get on board.  Teachers should not have to supply their own ipads for classroom use either.

Ten ways to use pic Collage in the classroom:
  • All About Me project
  • Sequencing of a storytelling.
  • Take the collage into another app and make a puzzle.
  • A biography of another person.
  • Visual Schedules
  • Social Stories
  • Show and Tell
  • Lists
  • Comics/Cartoons
  • Presentations


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhWvM2rvcGEvPAGim2lDX5ZGiKXz0-8SoexdmKr9AUFEtpym29PkmV18bVb6zHZi6qN49Q25WE3D-73aRSNJqoHra7nw7fAcoZhjq0FZAqzZqr8JGt_al-vgtzAnOPew03twVGJHQVGYw4/s400/MHH_cartoon-a-thon_27_500.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment